Here you will find information on the current state of the development
effort. It will be updated periodically and will give you a
snapshot of the current state of Linux on the PA-RISC. For more information
on the current state of the PA-RISC project see Weekly Reports and
check out our list of Contributors.
Current To Do List
2000 To Do Archive
1999 To Do Archive
CURRENT TO DO LIST
February 28, 2001
- rewrite semaphores -- both read/write and ordinary (Matthew)
- Create an IO tree to support multiple I/O MMUs. (Ryan)
- SuperIO Serial (Martin Petersen and Alex deVries)
- fix fbcon-sti.c bugs and X11? (David)
- Kernel Memory dumps on crash. See
- HIL keyboard driver needs updating
(Brian and Alex has access to HIL documentation)
- Coalesce DMA pages in sba_map_sg()
- Coalesce DMA pages in ccio_map_sg()
- LASI Floppy controller
- WAX EISA bus addapter (Alex deVries)
- Harmony audio driver completion (Alex deVries)
- AD1889 PCI Audio driver (Alex deVries)
- SMP support
- build/test w/CONFIG_SMP
- Interrupt Distribution (even CPU loading) w/CONFIG_SMP
- asm-parisc/cache.h defines L1_CACHE_BYTES - issue w/32-bit on PA2.0
- 64-bit kernel
- VM (John)
- PA2.0 Hand-Tuned/Optimised asm IP checksum code
- Syscalls/ioctl (John, Paul, George, Ringo, Cast of Thousands)
- defconfig and friends
- check/fix sim700 driver compile warnings (needed to support Cxxx
boxes in wide mode, if we ever want to)
- 64-to-32-bit translator for PDC firmware calls on Cxxx boxen
(enable more people to test wide kernels)
- Change 'unsigned long sversion:28' to unsigned int in hardware.h?
Change hardware.c functions which take hversion/sversion args?
- Do the right thing with macro elf_check_arch() for wide/narrow
kernels (see include/asm-parisc/elf.h)
- Fix 'hwclock' problem (probably a broken or missing ioctl32.c translation).
- Kernel debugger - KWDB (Grant)
- Fix cache/TLB flushing.
- Finish ptrace(2) implementation. (Thomas)
- Unaligned trap handler.
- Finish floating point completion and trap handler.
- Verify floating point trap behaviour is correct
- Remove kbd_read_status() dependency on CONFIG_GSC_PS2.
- <include/asm-parisc/types.h> defines dma_addr_t as 32-bit.
PCI/Elroy supports 64-bit. "typedef ulong_t dma_addr_t"?
- Update Documentation/parisc/registers
- PA1.1 SR can be 16-32 bits wide - only using 16-bits.
- rewrite kernel_thread (Matthew)
- Dino/100BT: Use "Good Dog" Timer to limit GSC bus tenancy instead of limiting tulip DMA burst length.
(JSM has tried this - it didn't work. GGG thinks it should.)
- remove asm-parisc/real.h fixing dependencies on it
- Verify and fix the existing code in led.c for LCD displays
- Test/Debug floating point environment support in GNU libc.
- Debug floating point environment and trap handling.
- Write open version of required 64-bit libmilli routines.