Here you will find information on the current state of the development
effort. It will be updated periodically and will give you a
snapshot of the current state of Linux on the PA-RISC. For more information
on the current state of the PA-RISC project see Status Reports and
check out our list of Contributors.
2001 Report Archive
2000 Report Archive
1999 Report Archive
About Weekly Reports
January 25, 2001
News & Announcements
- News & Announcements
- State of the Port Summary
- Linux World Expo
- Hewlett Packard and Linuxcare will be at
Linux World Expo in New York January 31st, February 1st
and 2nd, demonstrating PA RISC Linux. They will be using Apache to serve portions of
http://www.parisc-linux.org off a PA RISC linux
- Look for Thomas Marteau and other members of ESIEE www.pateam.org
at Linux Expo in Paris. They will be showing off PA RISC Linux en francais!
- Matthew Wilcox has completed the 2.4.0 kernel merge. Head of the tree is now linux_2.4.0 and is marked with the LINUS_240_DEVEL tag.
- More work on the A500 from Richard Hirst. Fixes in sys32_select() that make 'reboot', and 'init 6' function correctly.
- First attempt at getting the A500 working SMP. The kernel boots but kswapd dies.
- New Web Site goes live.
- Paul Bame created a debian package of palo.
- Thanks to Dann Frazier at HP the PA-RISC Linux Bug Tracking System is ready to roll. Please report your bugs to
(The BTS was deprecated/abandoned in 2003 - ggg)
- Apache now works on 64bit as a result of more work by Paul Bame on the syscall wrappers.
State of the Port Summary
- based on 2.4.0-test10. Built as ELF.
- Supported Hardware:
- NCR SCSI controllers
- Apricot Ethernet controllers
- Serial on Lasi and ASP I/O controllers
- HIL & PS/2 keyboards
- Dino, U2 & Elroy PCI controllers
- Tulip, PCNet32 & EtherExpress Pro ethernet
- Symbios PCI SCSI controller
- Lasi Harmony audio devices
- Project Page
- Latest Workable Image
- Running PA-RISC/Linux "recipe":