Here you will find information on the current state of the development
effort. It will be updated periodically and will give you a
snapshot of the current state of Linux on the PA-RISC. For more information
on the current state of the PA-RISC project see Status Reports and
check out our list of Contributors.
2000 Report Archive
1999 Report Archive
About Weekly Reports
January 19, 2001
News & Announcements
- News & Announcements
- State of the Port Summary
- Linux World Expo
- Hewlett Packard and Linuxcare will be at
Linux World Expo January 31st, February 1st
and 2nd, demonstrating PA RISC Linux. They will be using Apache to serve portions of
http://www.parisc-linux.org off a PA RISC linux
- The official binutils can now be built for hppa*-linux as of the 2.11.0 release.
- Cache Flushing partially fixed
- John Marvin committed a fix to reduce the number of instruction cache flushes. This
has been reported to increase performace noticeably on some machines.
- Driver update
- Ryan Bradetich committed an update to the kernel drivers which included better
scatter/gather support, improved proc system reports and general code cleanups.
State of the Port Summary
- based on 2.4.0-test10. Built as ELF.
- Supported Hardware:
- NCR SCSI controllers
- Apricot Ethernet controllers
- Serial on Lasi and ASP I/O controllers
- HIL & PS/2 keyboards
- Dino, U2 & Elroy PCI controllers
- Tulip, PCNet32 & EtherExpress Pro ethernet
- Symbios PCI SCSI controller
- Lasi Harmony audio devices
- Project Page
- Latest Workable Image
- Running PA-RISC/Linux "recipe":