Here you will find information on the current state of the development
effort. It will be updated periodically and will give you a
snapshot of the current state of Linux on the PA-RISC. For more information
on the current state of the PA-RISC project see Status Reports and
check out our list of Contributors.
2000 Report Archive
1999 Report Archive
2000 REPORT ARCHIVE
April 21, 2000
News & Announcements
- News & Announcements
- Mailing List changes
- This Week's CVS Activity
- State of the Port Summary
- Self-hosting closer
- Paul Bame had a c3k execute init from its internal SCSI disc.
Not being reliant upon NFS is a useful step towards self-hosting.
Other machines will hopefully follow shortly.
Mailing List changes
This Week's CVS Activity
- Thanks to Phil Schwan, the mailing list archive is now split up by month,
which will hopefully help people find the message they're looking for more
easily. Feedback welcome, as always.
- Paul fixed an unwelcome gcc interaction which was stopping MS-DOS
partition tables working.
- Helge added support for serial on the 715/33, updated the support for
the HIL keyboard, and made some minor cleanups.
- Paul found an exceptionally tough to track down bug in milli.S caused
by the comment character conversion.
- Grant fixed a silly mistake which prevented machines with 2GB of RAM
or more from booting.
- Grant also fixed some more bugs in the SBA code.
State of the Port Summary
- based on 2.3.99pre1. Built as ELF.
- Supported Hardware:
- SCSI, Lan and PS/2 on Lasi I/O controller
- Serial on Lasi and ASP I/O controllers
- HIL keyboards
- Dino PCI controller
- Elroy PCI controller
- Tulip ethernet
- PCNet32 ethernet
- Intel EEPro ethernet
- Symbios PCI SCSI controller
- Project Page
- Latest Workable Image
- Running PA-RISC/Linux "recipe":
Page last modified on 2000-06-01