Here you will find information on the current state of the development
effort. It will be updated periodically and will give you a
snapshot of the current state of Linux on the PA-RISC. For more information
on the current state of the PA-RISC project see Status Reports and
check out our list of Contributors.
2000 Report Archive
1999 Report Archive
2000 REPORT ARCHIVE
April 14, 2000
News & Announcements
- News & Announcements
- This Week's CVS Activity
- State of the Port Summary
- STI Documentation released
- Hewlett Packard have released the API for the Standard Text Interface.
Hopefully, we will have a proper console in a few weeks time.
- Hardware Database has pictures
- Dave Kennedy has enhanced the Hardware
Database to add pictures for machines where we have a picture.
If you have a machine which isn't pictured, please send in your link.
- New Binutils Guy
- Alan Modra <email@example.com> has volunteered to take
care of binutils. He plans to merge our tree with the current Cygnus
CVS binutils and fix some 32/64 bit issues.
This Week's CVS Activity
- Matthew made the Symbios driver compile and added dynamic DMA mapping
support for 700LC based machines.
- Helge contributed a pile of new LASI/ASP/WAX code.
- Matthew fixed the bootmem setup.
- Sammy removed the coloured allocator.
- Grant fixed some more bugs in the SBA code and got Tulip closer to
working on the C3k/J5k. The Symbios SCSI controller also works on
- Sammy made many more updates to glibc.
State of the Port Summary
Page last modified on 2000-05-09
- based on 2.3.99pre1. Built as ELF.
- Supported Hardware:
- SCSI, Lan and PS/2 on Lasi I/O controller
- Dino PCI controller
- Elroy PCI controller
- Tulip ethernet
- PCNet32 ethernet
- Intel EEPro ethernet
- Symbios PCI SCSI controller
- Project Page
- Latest Workable Image
- Running PA-RISC/Linux "recipe":