Here you will find information on the current state of the development
effort. It will be updated periodically and will give you a
snapshot of the current state of Linux on the PA-RISC. For more information
on the current state of the PA-RISC project see Status Reports and
check out our list of Contributors.
2000 Report Archive
1999 Report Archive
2000 REPORT ARCHIVE
March 31, 2000
News & Announcements
- News & Announcements
- Mailing List Descriptions
- This Week's CVS Activity
- State of the Port Summary
- Puffinfest Fort Collins
- From Saturday 24th of March to Wednesday 29th March, a flock of
Linux/PARISC developers gathered at the Hewlett-Packard Fort Collins
site to discuss various issues related to the port. We have
- Linus 2.3.99pre1 merge
- While at the fest, we merged Linus' 2.3.99pre1 tree into our tree.
Thanks to everyone who participated in the merge. This gets us through
the softnet merge, which meant we couldn't pull later drivers into our
tree. Hopefully there won't be any further drastic modifications of
the internal APIs before 2.4 is released. pre2 has been unstable for
some people and pre3 has broken root NFS, so pre1 was as far as we
wanted to go for the moment.
This Week's CVS Activity
- The bulk of checkins came from the 2.3.99pre1 merge
- We changed the assembler syntax slightly for compatibility with other
- Palo received some fixes.
- The tulip driver from 2.3.99pre3 was pulled into our tree.
- The glibc porting work continued.
State of the Port Summary
- based on 2.3.99pre1. Built as ELF.
- Supported Hardware:
- SCSI, Lan and PS/2 on Lasi I/O controller
- Dino PCI controller
- Elroy PCI controller
- Tulip ethernet
- PCNet32 ethernet
- Intel EEPro ethernet
- Project Page
- Latest Workable Image
- Running PA-RISC/Linux "recipe":
Page last modified on 2000-04-17