Here you will find information on the current state of the development
effort. It will be updated periodically and will give you a
snapshot of the current state of Linux on the PA-RISC. For more information
on the current state of the PA-RISC project see Status Reports and
check out our list of Contributors.
2000 Report Archive
1999 Report Archive
2000 REPORT ARCHIVE
March 10, 2000
News & Announcements
- News & Announcements
- Mailing List Descriptions
- This Week's CVS Activity
- State of the Port Summary
- Kernel is now ELF.
- Thanks to the many people involved in the project who have put their
time into helping convert the kernel from buildable as SOM to ELF.
This will greatly reduce the amount of difference from Linus' tree
and is a step towards making a 64-bit kernel.
- Puffinfest Fort Collins
- Linuxcare and Hewlett-Packard are jointly organising a Puffinfest to
be held in Fort Collins at the end of March. The goal is to improve
the state of the port as much as possible. The people who have been
invited already know; we'll be making reports from the puffinfest as
- One of the difficulties people face when working on this port is
the sheer number of components available, complete with codenames.
In an effort to help people get up to speed more quickly and jog
the memories of the more forgetful amongst us, we've provided a webpage which lists some of the more
common terms that people run into. If you have some more terms you
want to add, please feel free to check them into the website repository
if you already have commit access or send them to the mailing list if
The Mailing Lists
- Somehow, the mailing lists page managed to
get overlooked when the parisc-linux-announce mailing list was created.
That's been fixed now and I've sorted things out so that all announce
mail is sent to the developer mailing list too so you don't need to be
subscribed to both. If you just want the weekly announcements mailed
to you and you don't care about Dino's intimate details, then perhaps
this is the better mailing list for you.
This Week's CVS Activity
- The ELF merge was the majority of checkins this week.
- Mike Ang pulled in a Cygnus glibc 2.2 snapshot.
- Grant checked in more Astro/Elroy support.
- Paul updated PALO.
- Steve made a start on frame buffer support for the 712 and similar.
State of the Port Summary
- based on 2.3.42. Now built as ELF.
- Supported Hardware:
- SCSI, Lan and PS/2 on Lasi I/O controller
- Dino PCI controller
- Elroy PCI controller
- Tulip ethernet
- PCNet32 ethernet
- Intel EEPro ethernet
- Project Page
- Latest Workable Image
- Running PA-RISC/Linux "recipe":
Page last modified on 2000-04-05