Here you will find information on the current state of the development
effort. It will be updated periodically and will give you a
snapshot of the current state of Linux on the PA-RISC. For more information
on the current state of the PA-RISC project see Status Reports and
check out our list of Contributors.
2000 Report Archive
1999 Report Archive
2000 REPORT ARCHIVE
March 3, 2000
News & Announcements
- News & Announcements
- CVS Page
- This Week's CVS Activity
- State of the Port Summary
- Hardware Database updated.
- Matthew & Dave have substantially updated
the Hardware Database including correcting
the CPU types, adding new drivers, adding PCI devices and fixing some of
the ioscan output. If you have any machines running HPUX 10 or greater
which aren't listed, please submit your ioscans to the database.
- ELF work continuing
- Paul has put in a lot of work getting the ELF kernel booting. Once
more people have reported success with ELF kernels, we'll switch all
development over to ELF.
- RPMs and DEBs available
- Thanks to Dave O'Neill and Dave Huggins-Daines, we have
crosscompiling toolchains available from
ftp://puffin.external.hp.com/pub/parisc/binaries for x86.
Does anyone want to produce .depot files for us?
- Following on from last week's exciting look at the status page, this week's
featured page is the CVS page. Newly updated
to reflect reality, it tells you which repositories are available and how to
This Week's CVS Activity
- Grant updated the SBA IOMMU code.
- Philipp cleaned up the header files.
- Paul checked in a rewrite of PALO.
- Matthew checked in the linux/parisc website.
- Paul fixed a large number of ELF problems.
- Gyula updated the LASI SCSI support.
- Helge updated the LASI ethernet support.
State of the Port Summary
- based on 2.3.42
- Supported Hardware:
- SCSI, Lan and PS/2 on Lasi I/O controller
- Dino PCI controller
- Elroy PCI controller
- Tulip ethernet
- PCNet32 ethernet
- Intel EEPro ethernet
- Project Page
- Latest Workable Image
- Running PA-RISC/Linux "recipe":
Page last modified on 2000-03-14