Here you will find information on the current state of the development
effort. It will be updated periodically and will give you a
snapshot of the current state of Linux on the PA-RISC. For more information
on the current state of the PA-RISC project see Status Reports and
check out our list of Contributors.
2000 Report Archive
1999 Report Archive
2000 REPORT ARCHIVE
February 25, 2000
News & Announcements
- News & Announcements
- Status Page
- This Week's CVS Activity
- State of the Port Summary
- NFS Root Updated
- Grant updated Martin's NFS root-howto with instructions for setting up
an HP/UX machine as your NFS server.
- ELF32 work started
- We're currently playing with ELF32 stuff, trying to get a toolchain
available to everyone. Once we're happy that the toolchain is working
well enough, we'll start moving the kernel over to ELF.
- Upcoming non-merge with Linus
- We were planning to merge Linus 2.3.48 into our CVS tree later this
week, however we've decided to delay until the following week to give
our tree a chance to settle down with the ELF transition and Linus a
chance to splat some more platform-independent bugs.
- I've started to maintain a FAQ, referenced from the main webpage. It
is a little rough for the moment; contributions eagerly anticipated.
- I'd just like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that we have a
status page with some unclaimed projects at status
This Week's CVS Activity
- More toolchain updates; Matthew checked in a patch to allow libgcc1
to build and added the .global directive to gas.
- We decided to switch to a 16k per-process kernel stack size to
ensure that we don't have any bugs caused by accidentally overrunning
the kernel stack. John implemented this.
- HP/UX compatibility gained a few new syscalls. I guess John was
- Grant made the Intel EtherExpress Pro card work.
State of the Port Summary
- based on 2.3.42
- Supported Hardware:
- SCSI, Lan and PS/2 on Lasi I/O controller
- Dino PCI controller
- Elroy PCI controller
- Tulip ethernet
- PCNet32 ethernet
- Intel EEPro ethernet
- Project Page
- Latest Workable Image
- Running PA-RISC/Linux "recipe":
Page last modified on 2000-03-06