Here you will find information on the current state of the development
effort. It will be updated periodically and will give you a
snapshot of the current state of Linux on the PA-RISC. For more information
on the current state of the PA-RISC project see Status Reports and
check out our list of Contributors.
2000 Report Archive
1999 Report Archive
2000 REPORT ARCHIVE
February 18, 2000
News & Announcements
- News & Announcements
- This Week's CVS Activity
- State of the Port Summary
- Astro and Elroy docs released
- Thanks to many people at Hewlett Packard, we now have documentation
on the Astro and Elroy devices found in some of the
newer PA-RISC machines, such as the C3000 and J5000.
These documents have been converted to PostScript and
are linked from
- NFS working
- Martin Petersen posted an NFS-Root howto on the list. If you use NFS
root, then you don't need to use an initial ramdisk. This exercises
quite a lot of the kernel, including the TCP/IP layer and the ethernet
This Week's CVS Activity
- The ELF toolchain has received some updates this week.
Sammy contributed initial support for Linux/PARISC ELF32. Matthew
contributed some build fixes for HP/UX and David H-D contributed
Debian and Red Hat build support for x86.
- John continued his low-level memory-management work by enabling
the trapping of accidental user pointer dereferences.
- Grant committed a bug-fix for card-mode DINOs.
State of the Port Summary
- based on 2.3.42
- Supported Hardware:
- SCSI, Lan and PS/2 on Lasi I/O controller
- Dino PCI controller
- Elroy PCI controller
- Tulip ethernet
- PCNet32 ethernet
- Project Page
- Latest Workable Image
- Running PA-RISC/Linux "recipe":
Page last modified on 2000-02-29