Here you will find information on the current state of the development
effort. It will be updated periodically and will give you a
snapshot of the current state of Linux on the PA-RISC. For more information
on the current state of the PA-RISC project see Status Reports and
check out our list of Contributors.
2000 Report Archive
1999 Report Archive
2000 REPORT ARCHIVE
January 14, 2000
Summary of the IRC meeting
R. Scott Holbrooke
- The 2.3 configuration needs some work. David will investigate.
- The decision was taken to not forward-port the real-exe code
from 2.2 to 2.3. Philipp will write some documentation about how to debug
real-mode assembler code.
- PCI has been tested to a limited extent. It enumerates devices, but
an unrelated bug is preventing further testing.
- Martin has cleaned up the serial and console code. He will commit his
changes tomorrow after he's tested it.
- Scott has looked at the checksumming code and will hopefully get some
time to work on it this coming week.
- Paul has been looking at ftr's debug code.
- Matthew will describe the new __initcall feature in an email to the list.
- Paul is thinking about a wide-mode bootloader.
- Dave is working on getting the SOM linker to work on i386 Linux. philipp
has some additional patches he will send.
- Signals were discussed and no-one felt that they wanted to deal with
- Deb was nominated to draw a martini glass.
Page last modified on 2000-02-29