Here you will find information on the current state of the development
effort. It will be updated periodically and will give you a
snapshot of the current state of Linux on the PA-RISC. For more information
on the current state of the PA-RISC project see Status Reports and
check out our list of Contributors.
2000 Report Archive
1999 Report Archive
2000 REPORT ARCHIVE
January 7, 2000
Summary of the telephone meeting
R. Scott Holbrooke
Page last modified on 2000-02-29
- The Linux 2.3 tree will be opened up today for the general public.
- The PCI code compiles but has not yet been tested. Extra work will
need to be done to support PAT PDC, and Grant will look into this.
- David will get the Tulip driver working.
- Martin volunteered to take care of the serial driver problems we are
- John & Philipp will work on the TLB miss handlers which are currently
limiting development in a couple of areas.
- Matthew will work on the proper syscall code.
- Philipp has the fork() code working, and will next examine exec().
- Scott volunteered to take care of writing TCP and UDP checksumming
routines in PA-RISC assembler.
- Matthew will arrange for a suitable `ifconfig' binary to be available
for the purposes of testing the network driver.
- Michael will work on implementing more HPUX syscalls in Linux to
allow Apache to work.
- David volunteered to set up a random config test system.
- Matthew will remove some config options which are known to not work
(and are unlikely to work in the near future).
- Grant is currently building a 712 system for Sammy who will be
transferring his energies from the sun3 port.
- Frank Rowand is leaving HP. He has a couple of loan machines
and may continue to contribute to the port if he has spare time.
Paul volunteered to liase with Frank to look at the kernel debugger
code that Frank had written.
- We discussed a possible puffinfest in Fort Collins, and agreed to it
in principle, but not before Feb 1st.